CIT Training Sponsored by Wolf Creek
CIT training is scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Wolf Creek’s Columbus branch, located at 6700-B Huntley Road in Columbus, Ohio.
To register, contact your Wolf Creek representative, or click the registration box above. Space is limited; cost for the training is $100 per attendee.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to add instant credibility to employers and increase your marketability, all while demonstrating your commitment to efficient water management!
What Exactly Does a CIT Do?
Certified Irrigation Technicians install, maintain and repair irrigation systems.
This entails knowing the limitations of different piping systems and understand basic hydraulics, in order to properly cut and join pipe.
CIT’s lay out, install and repair all irrigation system components, including:
- Piping and water delivery components
- Backflow prevention components
- Mechanical, hydraulic and electrical irrigation controls
To Become a CIT You Must:
- Register for the exam. Recommended: six months or 1,000 hours of irrigation-related field experience.
- Pass the irrigation technician exam. The three-hour exam includes 100 equally weighted, multiple-choice questions on basic irrigation principles, basic electrical principles and basic hydraulics.
- Comply with the Select Certified Code of Ethics.
- Remain in good standing. CIT’s must submit 20 continuing education units per two-year cycle.
CIT Exam Fees
- Irrigation Technician Exam Fee — $175 (Member), $300 (Nonmember)
Exam Retake Fee — $175 (Member), $300 (Nonmember)
- Annual Renewal Fee (one certification) — $50 (Member), $100 (Nonmember)
- Annual Renewal Fee (two or more certifications) — $100 (Member), $150 (Nonmember)