Market Your Business as a Leader During Smart Irrigation Month
July is Smart Irrigation Month. Are you geared up to market your company as a leader in water-saving practices?
It was 16 years ago that the national Irrigation Association (IA) first utilized the month of July to promote the social, economic and environmental benefits of efficient landscape irrigation. And every year, Smart Irrigation Month has gotten bigger and better.
Again this year, the IA has added some new tools to help irrigation contractors market smart irrigation throughout the month of July. Such as:
- Customizable social media graphics and cover photos to include on your company’s profile page.
- Smart irrigation statement stuffers to include in your monthly invoices. They’re a simple but effective way to remind your customers of smart-watering tips during the hottest month of the year.
- Smart irrigation infographics, both full-page and snippets, to be included with all your social media posts during the month of July.
–Article Continues Below–
Get Everyone on Board!
But that’s not all. As in previous years, there are a myriad of other ways that you can demonstrate smart leadership:
- Add the Smart Irrigation Month logo to your website, email signature, ads, customer presentations, field signs, invoices and more.
- Submit a press release or letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Partner with your local water provider.
- Distribute copies of the smart irrigation coloring book at a farmers market or county fair.
- Ask your local radio station to play a public service announcement.
- Encourage sales and marketing staff to participate in dealer and distributor Smart Irrigation Month activities.
- Host a live demonstration of water-saving irrigation technologies in the field or at your location.
- Feature water-efficient products and services in displays, ads, promotions and product demos with the Smart Irrigation Month logo.
- Make smart irrigation the theme of sales calls.
- Distribute awards to customers and/or business partners who promote water-efficient practices.
2019 Video Contest Winner
Also included in IA’s July promotion is the smart irrigation video contest. Last year’s contest winner was Florida-based NatureScape Irrigation Service. Take a look: