Green Industry Welcomes the
Return of Live Events
As America begins to normalize in the aftermath of COVID, green industry professionals eagerly anticipate the return of live trade shows.
Still, these exhibitions could look a little different this year. Here are a few post-pandemic changes which trade show attendees can expect:
- There may be fewer exhibition booths, with wider aisles, to accommodate social distancing.
- There may also be limited to the number of attendees for certain events and pre-registration may be required for some presentations.
- Plenty of hand-sanitizing stations, and masks may be required for all attendees at some trade shows, depending on location.
- Some trade shows may incorporate a “hybrid” approach, offering both physical and virtual components.
Irrigation and green industry professionals are hailing the return of two particular live trade show events, GIE+EXPO (the Green Industry & Equipment Expo) and the 2021 Irrigation Show.
Dates: October 20-22, 2021
Place: Kentucky Exposition Center, Louisville KY
Touted as the green industry’s largest trade show, GIE+EXPO is more than ready to return after last year’s pandemic-related cancellation.
Warren Sellers, trade show manager, has stated that both exhibitors and attendees are clamoring to get back together in person. A recent survey revealed that 91% of landscape professionals who are past attendees are likely to attend this year’s expo.
The TurfMutt Foundation, through a partnership with the Kentucky Humane Society, will once again sponsor Mutt Madness at GIE+EXPO on Thursday, October 21, from 11:00 to 2:00.
Expo attendees can take a break from the show floor to visit and/or adopt rescue dogs in Freedom Hall. At the 2019 Mutt Madness, 15 dogs found their forever homes.
The 2021 GIE+EXPO will once again include:
- More than 20 acres of outdoor demonstration area
- Arborist and hardscape demonstrations
- New products spotlight
- Plenty of workshops and educational opportunities
Plus, new this year will be:
- A UTV test track
- A hands-on Drone Zone
- Technology Summit presented by the National Association of Landscape Professionals
Of particular interest to irrigation professionals is the Irrigation Symposium, “Landscape Irrigation 2021: Opportunities and Challenges,” hosted by the Irrigation Association and scheduled for Wednesday, October 20. A panel of irrigation experts will share real-world analyses and solutions for the landscape irrigation industry. Cost for the session is $85 and pre-registration is required.
2021 Irrigation Show & Education Week
Dates: December 6-10, 2021
Place: San Diego Convention Center, San Diego CA
The focus of the 2021 Irrigation Show is connecting irrigation professionals with the suppliers of irrigation technology, products, and services via in-person networking. This year, there will be no keynote address or general session, and the traditional opening night reception will now be a Craft Brewfest, sponsored by Hunter Industries, on the showroom floor.
Education Week Seminars
Below is a listing of landscape irrigation seminars sponsored by Site One, which are being offered during IA’s Education Week. Click the course title for additional information.
- Electrical Troubleshooting: Diagnosing Field Wiring Problems
- Irrigation Components for Residential/Small Commercial Systems
- Understanding Pumps
- Irrigated Soils
- Advanced Irrigation Wiring Methods & Troubleshooting
- Hydraulic Troubleshooting
- Landscape Drip Irrigation Design & Management
- Landscape Water Management & Planning
- Principles of Irrigation: Landscape
- Pump Controls & Package Systems
- Advanced Landscape Irrigation Design & Management
- Alternative Water for Landscape Irrigation
- Two-Wire Technology Systems for Landscapes
Business Courses (Intermediate)
- Bidding & Estimating Landscape Irrigation Systems
- The Business of Landscape Irrigation Contracting
- Managing a Landscape Irrigation Service Company: Technicians, Pricing & Marketing
- Managing a Landscape Irrigation Service Company: Water Management & Technology
For all of the above-listed courses…
In addition, from Dec. 7-10, the IA and Site One will be offering a network of in-person written certification exams for the following:
- Certified Irrigation Designer
- Certified Irrigation Technician
- Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor
- Certified Irrigation Contractor